Re: [MV] M35A3 discussion

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 10:30:57 PST

The project to rebuild M35A2's into 3's has expired. It was taking place in
the late 1980's and the 1990's. It would take at least three former 2's to
get one 3 built. The rebuilder stated to me at the time, that they discarded
any frame that was more than 1/4 inch out of true. They have headlights
moved out, as you noticed. They also had CTIS, Allison auto transmissions,
hydraulic winches, and Air-O-Matic power steering. The rest was original
drivetrain, body, cab, etc.

There were three sold privately, that were never owned by the gov't, of
which, I believe, one is still available from the original owner in CA. They
cost $90,000 new, and he wanted $30,000 for the last one, the last time I
checked.

I have not seen any come up at government auction, yet.

Arthur P. Bloom, Pres
www.M35products.com