Re: [MV] Roll bar on 5 ton and deuces? Anyone know of a mil one?

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 11:33:27 PST

Reminds me of the time I was in the Army in 1968 at Ft. Sill, OK taking
drivers training in brand new M35 A1 or A2s. Part of the training involved
driving up a hill graded to the max angle for the M35, stopping half way up
and starting again. Real spooky when the front wheels lift off the ground
knowing there is nothing to protect you. I'm sure it would take a lot to
flip one over backwards. Comming over the crest of the hill was kind of
scarey also because you couldn't see anything but blue sky.

Ken