Re: [MV] M35 tire combinations

From: Vernon Tuck (vtuck@tucklings.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 06:28:19 PST

I don't know if y'all have had a definitive answer to the question about two
duals rubbing under a load.

If not, the answer is:

This causes friction which causes heat. This leads to blow-outs. Many of
these are spectacular and catastrophic.

This is why my Dodge Cummins 3/4T single wheel trucks have 235X80X16" tires.

My one ton trucks (same years and engines) have 215X80x16" tires. They're
skinnier so they won't touch and rub when mounted on dual rears.

This seems to be an issue only when a truck is heavily loaded. But I don't
know that for a fact.

VT