Re: [MV] M35 tire combinations

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 23:22:37 PST

         The other item to look for is rocks or other debris caught in
between the dual tires. If one gets caught and you don't catch it, it will
wear a hole through one or both sidewalls leading to a double blowout. I
have seen it happen to a number of trucks at my company over the last
several years. Also stop a Snapon or the like tool truck and buy a good
truck sized air gauge, the good ones are just about a foot long and have a
double head to get on the tire stem both inside and outside. Most tire
gauges you buy at your local chain auto parts aren't worth the effort to
toss em in the ditch. Number one reason with dual tire excessive wear is
low air pressure in one of the tires putting more load on the properly
inflated tire and shortening it's life by up to 70%.

James Shanks
n1vbn@arrl.net
1998 IMZ 8.103
1984 HD FLHT-C