Re: [MV] Would like information about M246's

From: Jon Kelley (patch01@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 16:23:36 PST

Hi Robert- Yup, they are out there but not nearly as common as the regular
5-ton wreckers. (M-816 & M543, I think) I drove a diesel M-819 wrecker in
the Army years ago and had a ball doing it. This truck had the 5th wheel and
closed operators cab on the boom. Sounds similar to the M-246. Overall boom
length and lifting capacity are a bit more than a standard wrecker, if my
memory is correct. Also wheelbase is longer to accomodate the 5th wheel.
Buy it, you'll be glad you did. Probably be single, too! ; ) Jon