[MV] 5 Ton Tire alternatives

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 05:12:11 PST

Ryan,
A few years ago I purchased a M135 at a local municipality sale. The truck was blue, Civil Defense marked and the bed area was set up for use as a field office and radio communications. I spoke with one of the firemen that used
to drive the truck. He said it was their "Parade Truck".
One of the mods was the tires. It had heavy mud/snow lug
tread civilian 11:00x20" tires. I really liked them as they
had better traction on wet roads. I never went off road with
it, due to the major job restoring it back to military, but
I think they would have worked great.
Joe Young