HMMWV slave problem now no power

From: SETOYOTA@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 06:45:01 PST

Hello

I was using my HMMWV to slave a M35 and have encountered a problem. While starting the deuce the HMMWV shut down and now acts as if the batteries are dead. The wait light blinks on for a millisecond and none of the lights work. I am sure no power is getting to the starter or any of the accessories

When the truck shut down the batteries were very hot and I noticed a little smoke coming from the slave receptacle. I tested the batteries and they still show 12+ volts.

I have fried something I suppose. Any ideas what it could be? Maybe a ground wire. What do you think? I checked the -34 and nothing in the trouble shooting covers this. All my other TM's are locked in storage as I have been moving.

Thanks
Chuck Herbert