RE: [MV] neato anti-theft device

From: J Brennan (brenrock@optonline.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 11:10:15 PST

I added a kill switch under the dash (far under) of my M1038 HMMWV. I also
added a fake one that can be seen if one tries to look for one. Lastly I
put a switch on one of the battery posts. I also leave it in Drive. So
someone will have to be either lucky or really know MV's.

I have offered the older scouts in the Boy Scout troop I am active in that
if they can start it I'd let them drive it. For four years now they have
not figured it out. They always fall for the fake kill switch and no one
ever thinks of taking it out of Drive.

Funny side note: Our Boy Scout troop donated a bunch of popcorn and
chocolate to the troops in Iraq. We went to a NG unit to make the donation
and get pictures. Afterwards they let us roam around to check out their
vehicles. I opened up one of the Humvee's, turned the switch, waited until
the light went out and she started right up. The look of shock on the
scout's faces was priceless.

John
     | |
     | |