Weird Thought M35A2 1 1/2 ton

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 06:49:37 PST

Greetings list. This just shot through my mind yesterday. I remember the
post a while back about Dave Newman's hybrid trucks with one rear axle and
singled out. Kinda like a big pickup. A friend of mine made one of those here in
FL. I've also heard Dr Deuce (Steve) rant about how practical his Chevy 1 1/2
ton is. As of yet, has anybody tasked doing the conversion on a deuce? My
thoughts were to shorten the bed from 12' to 9' and subsequently shorten the
cargo cover, troop seats and frame to make a little runaround truck. Of course
still keep the duals in the rear and make it 100% military in looks. Between
losing 4 tires, all that suspension stuff and 3' of bed I'm figuring that the
truck would be an easy 2000# lighter. Tire wear problems would be reduced and I
always welcome the shorter turning radius. This sounds interesting and I may
have to try it. Comments and suggestions always welcome.
Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2(ooops, not anymore)
73 A.M. General M275A2
53 Fruehauf XM105E3
http://hometown.aol.com/recovry4x4/myhomepage/photo.html