Re: [MV] 5 ton pintle size & locking fuel caps?

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 15:06:54 PST

My M151a1 has a tab welded on to edge of cap with hole in it and there is
hole drilled in body of Mutt that lines up with hole in tab when cap is
closed, hole large enough for hasp of padlock to pass through it. I
understand this was done in Vietnam to hinder the practice of our enemy in
taking hand grenade, wrapping with black plastic tape or rubber band,
pulling pin, and then dropping in fuel tank, gasoline attacks rubber and
some time later grenade explodes. Same thing was done on larger trucks but
I do not know what was done to inhibit this...

Everette