Re: [MV] Aluminum Welding 101

From: John Stewart-Smith (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 08:19:11 PST

Once again, the list came through for me.
I got a lot of great answers and for once, no sarcastic ones.
I will be using the GI Bill to take welding classes in the fall, but I
needed some info now.
I did search the web and found a lot of info, but it was mostly highly
technical and used a lot of terminology that I am unfamiliar with.
It sounds like welding aluminum is a lot tougher than steel.
Thanks to everyone who replied, especially je and Dick.
For my particular purpose, I am going to try the cheap route and have
purchased low-temperature filling rods from
http://durafix.com/
This list is great!
-Sarge