Re: [MV] Turbine truck motor experimental What is it? Deuce,5ton?exotic?

From: Dave Reed (dave.reed@dol.net)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 11:14:19 PST

Hi Dick-
Thanks for your informative reply. My turbine has a 28 volt Leece
Neville alternator like a military truck uses and a SAE bell housing
with no generator or blower on the output shaft like the west coast
turbine. I was thinking that the 400 cycle generator was possibly
a test load to use up power output. Another clue to the puzzle is
on my nameplate. "Accessory output speed 6775 RPM" and
"Gen output speed 3000 RPM" So the APU suggestion makes a
lot of sence too if you figure that the main output was for a
generator.at 3000 rpm. I originally was confused as to the "Gen"
reference on the nameplate referring to the truck alternator, but now
maybe this was not the generator being referred to. Maybe it was
to be for both APU's and trucks? Hopefully others on the list have
seen these beasts before. Thanks again for your input. This list
is great!!!!!
Dave Reed