Re: [MV] M-35 Accident! Need help

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 10:05:37 PDT

Belts! Hmm, just went through this yesterday! Heres what I have for NAPA
Premium.
Compressor 25-9510
Alternator 25-9746
I went with Goodyears for mine but they couldn't crossreference the alt
belts. I then went to NAPA and they told me the alt belt number was no good.
Foohey! Tom B. sent me Gates numbers of 9505 for compressor and 9463 for the alts.
I had the Goodyear guys crossreference the Gates number to get the Goodyear
number. Here are the Goodyear numbers I used. Keep in mind that the original
alt belts are sometimes too long and the alt hits the primary fuel filter.
These alt belt numbers are a bit shorter and a little trying to get on but once on
work great.
Goodyear Gatorback number are;
Compressor 17511
Alternator 17461

The belts are supposed to 1/2" by 51" for the compressor and 1/2" by 47" for
the alts. If I read the Goodyear number I used correctly, it's a 46" belt.
Either way NAPA can cross the Goodyear and Gates numbers for you.
I installed 3 belts and fixed the radiator yesterday and put about 60 miles
on the deuce this morning.
Happy Again,
Kenny