Re: [MV] A muffler on my deuce, DARE I DO IT!!!

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 18:11:12 PDT

It's a log scale, but I don't think it's that much of a difference (half as
loud). I looked up a quick little chart on the web...

0-threshold of hearing
10 - pin dropping at 10 meters
20 - soft whisper
30 - library
40 - quiet conversation
50 - normal conversation
60 - a busy office
70 - vacuum cleaner
80 - insida a small car
90 - lawn mower
100 - large orchestra
110 - rock music
120 - the hip hop kid with his bazooka speaker system in a rice rocket
130 - jet plane
140 - air raid siren
150 - rifle

OK, so I paraphrased it some...IAC, while it's a noticeable difference, it's
still loud. And of course, you get to hear the trannys more, plus road noise
etc. What it did help me with was being able to hear problems in the
truck - I can tell now that the tranny is howling more than I like, so it's
time to deal with that.

Greg