Re: [MV] None of the Walmarts -good point

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 04:41:51 PDT

Valid points Neil
A vast amount of N.Am production (Canada-US) is
quietly slipping off to China.
Thus as we seek to save a few pennies on stuff we buy,
we lose significant numbers of jobs- long term harm
to our economies, AND what many dont realize is that
we also lose technological innovation capability.

As the processes go overseas so to does any knowledge
and capacity of tehcnological innovation.
This -in the long term- can be, well, lets
say-worrisome.

As for me, Im just a middle class guy, but I do make a
point to specifically look for "made in canada" labels
on clothes, tools, parts, whatever. I am perfectly
willing to pay the extra $ to keep jobs technology and
security here. I suggest that you look for made in
USA-UK,AUS etc stuff too!

Marc
$0.02