Re: [MV] None of the Walmarts -good point

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 06:24:14 PDT

I hate Walmart. Their stores are dark and dirty. Their business practices are helping to destroy many local economies. Like other big box retailers they gradually eliminate the much more helpful and responsive small businesses such as the local grocer, hardware stores and the like. We are all being forced to purchase nails and screws in neat little prepackaged amounts.

Fortunately in our small but growing town we have a Tractor Supply Co. Yes, they are a large company but they still operate in a small business manner. They seem to carry a lot more American Made products. They have API Service GL-1. It is tagged "Ford Tractor Transmission Fluid" and sells for $14.98 for 2 gallons. It is made in the good ol USA.

See you in Aberdeen, Dave McConnell