Re: [MV] None of the Walmarts -good point

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 05:10:53 PDT

Very good opinions Neil and Marc. I add that a man
in China has opened some drive-in theaters due to
the vast increase in car ownership. Many, many more
citizens of China can now afford cars due to the
increase in their economy caused by their rapid growth
in industry and exports. They are going to swallow us
whole!
I make it a point to purchase Made in USA, but a large
amount of my purchases are made via the Net and I do
not always know where a product is maufactured until
I get it. Well, no matter where it's made, I send a
letter to the company. If it was made in the USA, I
write and thank them. If made in China or any other
country that produces cheap crap, I explain to them
that I'd much rather pay a higher price for goods made
here in the USA. I nail 'em good and they never respond.
The US companies always respond and thank me. They often
express their appreciation by sending me a generous
supply of coupons good for free products or big discounts.
I'm enjoying free Tropicola Orange Juice, compliments of
Tropicola. Back when I was smoking I lit my cigs for years
due to free disposable lighters (can't always win, I sent
a letter thanking them for a quality USA made lighter, then
later on I found out the company is French owned...)
I thank the Listers that pointed out that my lubes are over
priced. Now I don't have to drag the stuff to Aberdeen. In
a sly marketing maneuver, I might be offering it as weed
killer. Beats $8.00 a bottle for Roundup.
Joe Young