Re: [MV] (MV) M880 gas mileage

From: mkmvpa@juno.com
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 06:06:28 PDT

I am currently getting around 7.73 MPG on a recent 950 mile trip I used around 120 gallons of high test (93 octane) and that is averaging 65 to 70 MPH. The carburetor in the truck is fairly new(not sure if it was a rebuild) Carter and was installed in december. The truck is also really cold blooded even on warm days if it has been setting for a while (not so much if it has run that day, but always in the mornings), takes a few minutes to warm up or it chokes and back fires if I start from a stop until it has run down the road a couple hundred yards(the choke is usually open as the average morning is 70 degrees down here. Mind you before I got this truck it hadn't run more than 50 or so miles in the previous 2 years so could I have a bad fuel pump also? Once the truck warms up it runs like a chemp and smooth as silk, just takes a little bit for it to get there.

Robert
1977 Dodge M880
1964 American General M35A2C
MVPA# 23437