Re: [MV] M880 gas mileage vs. octane

From: Movnmanj1@aol.com
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 10:04:14 PDT

     Well, guess I'm going to have to throw that old lead pencil and paper sack away. Because, the few times I've put Regular unleaded in my old M882, it bucks,coughs and sputs out of the station. I have checked the mileage, on more than one occasion, between regular and midgrade, and mileage and performance is much better with midgrade than regular. In fact, when I have put the "low octane" in it, it feels like I am pulling about 10,000#'s, with nothing hooked to it. The engine runs extremely loud and has NO power. Good midgrade gas? Feels light as a feather. I would run premium but don't feel like I can afford a steady diet of it. I have a Bobcat loader, same way. As far as I am concerned, regular is a waste of money. Seen too many problems, with other folks vehicles, who run the "discount regular". The newer vehicles with computer controlled fuel and timing can burn the mess pretty well. But, these older models don't tolerate it. I have a M62 wrecker w/602 Continental, same way. No doubt I'm wrong, but all I can say is It works for me!