RE: [MV] Homeland Security Needs Your Help

From: William Taylor (usms@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 17:13:07 PDT

Thugs, rottweilers, denote the same personality flaw. That
the term was used for the jack booted thugs of Nazi Germany
and a Rottweiler is a german dog allows me to draw that
inference.

> > One of the
> > many ways the idiots have of getting into secure areas
> > and detonating their vbied's is by stealing or converting
> > a military vehicle.
>
> Maybes, mightbes...no precedent. We could restrict ownership
> of all jet powered aircraft to the military because a couple
> were flown into the World Trade Center, but we won't because
> it's patently silly to anyone with more than two clues to rub
> together. Instead we concentrate our efforts on identifying
> the "idiots" as it should be across the board. The ID
> checks, license checks and personal information checks are
> all perfectly acceptable and valid tools to ensure the person
> driving the military vehicle onto the base or into that
> "secure area" is who he says he is. I was driving a
> collector vehicle to Canada wearing a wolf t-shirt. Vbied's
> and secure areas didn't enter into the equation.

I am a bit unsure who the "we" is you are speaking of as YOU
(meaning you and your fellow Canadians) did not have this
done to "you". None of those gentlemen at the border probably
have idea one what a collectors vehicle looks like and 99%
of this country would have no idea as well. I applaud their
curiosity. A similiarly curious inspector stopped a plotted
bombing of the control tower at LAX using the same tactics
in recent memory.

As far as what you were wearing, wasn't McVeigh wearing
a similar t-shirt?

> > I read stolen emergency vehicle reports quite often along
> with stolen
> > gasoline tankers and the like. I don't blame them for
> checking, I do
> > have a concern if they were using the tone you indicated in your
> > post. They have supervisors, call the office and make a complaint.
>
> We agree on that. Checking wasn't the problem. The attitude
> was, as was the complete abdication of any sort of
> responsibility towards civility and common sense. They can
> hold me up checking my ID and vehicle license as long as they
> like anytime they like because I recognize that as a
> necessary and valid precaution. The rest of their behaviour
> wasn't related to the above by any stretch of anyone's
> imagination, and remains completely unacceptable.

Once again, their quoted unprofessional behavior is unacceptable
and is deserving of a phone call to their area supervisor.
Bill