Re: [MV] Fuel price and China

From: Rick (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 09:38:47 PDT

While this is really off topic , I will wonder into this swamp.

The Chinese don't need carriers or anything else to match the US. They are
doing it economically. All the China has to do is stop buying US Treasuries
(Bonds) with all that trade surplus dollars we are sending them for stuff we
buy at Wal-Mart and the US economy will collapse.

Think about all the bond drives that finanaced WWII. Think that the US can
do it again when most citizens already carry large amounts of debt with
little extra cash to spare?

Who needs carriers when the Chinese have ICBM's?

Carriers and groups are for protecting sea lanes of communication which in
the last 20 years is mostly foreign flagged container ships.

Why do we need a Navy which was originally formed to protect our Merchant
Marine when we no longer have a Merchant Marine anymore?

Rick