Re: [MV] Fuel price and China

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 06:52:50 PDT

I think Ryan has it right ( in message at bottom)

China will be the next superpower. We are already
foolishly sending far too much of our manufacturing
capability there, where they will soon become a centre
of R&D capacity as the west slowly loses it.

As their economy picks up, someone elses will decline,
ie "the west" and with China's added economic power
comes more truck and rail and air traffic (fuel
consumption) wealth to buy things like tens of
thousands of new cars, with a further huge increase in
fuel consumption..meaning of course our prices go up

Jane's has already reported many times that china is
also very quickly modernizing its military capabilty
and is rapidly closing both the technology and numbers
gap with the US.

Again it is important to support you own economy and
fellow workers. So what if it costs a couple of
dollars more. I'll buy domestic to keep my neighbour
working, and he'll buy domestic to keep me working.

0;02cents
Marc