Re: [MV] Rust in lamp housing

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 18:56:49 PDT

I know it's been asked before, but as I can't search the list archives
and as there are more products than I have hairs left on my head.... Do
you have a favorite rust killer? One which would go through that 1-3 mil
layer and neutralize it before priming it?

Thanks

       Paul

If you blast pitted areas like in the picture long enough and from
different angles you can get most of it shinny again but rust will creep
out of the pits if it is not treated. I would recommend priming bare
metal the same day you sandblast it. Even metal under good paint will
start to rust as soon as it is exposed to moist air.