Re: [MV] M1028 CUCV Dually in Florida & buyer ettiquette

From: Brian Placzankis (plaz@mac.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 05:34:37 PDT

> Sure, any and all input welcomed..

> Pics are here:

Well,

I paid $4200 for my M1008 on eBay and bodywise your candidate sure looks much better than mine did. The bed and other side body panels are especially pristine as opposed to mine that was picked up by a forklift by the DRMO or GL guys. My advice is to check it out mechanically. Give it a drive, see how it runs and shifts and to also check on the 4WD/transfer case.

If all runs as expected, $5000 seems like it might be an OK price. Remember, $5000 is oftentimes less than what the rebate is on a new Silverado 2500 or 3500. This is definitely one rugged truck that you will be getting. Fix any surface rust and give it a fresh coat of MIL-DTL-64159 in the color of your choice (I'm partial to the standard 383 green) and you'll be set for years to come.

Good luck.

plaz