Re: [MV] tire spoons?

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 07:24:13 PDT

Brian,
 I use spoons on my scoots and car tires to pry the tires off of the wheel. I use tire irons on my truck tires. The irons are
steel bars with a flat wedge on one end and a ell on the other end. These are used to pry the ring off. Rust, dirt or bent rings will not seat correctly and will pop off during inflation. One time while I was inflating a deuce tire the tire did not want to seat. I lubed it and tried again, but it still wouldn't seat, so I broke it down and discovered that somehow the flap got between the ring and tire and was preventing the tire and ring from seating right. Had I continued to inflate without correcting the problem, I probably would have become a statistic.
Joe Young
www.joeyoung.com