Re: [MV] 63B anyone?

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 07:22:54 PDT

Welcome aboard, Lee!!
    In case you haven't already noticed, we're an eccentric bunch here, but
we do have a common love of OD painted metal.
    Of course there are some seriously demented types without opposable
thumbs on the list who favor pre M series or Marine Corp green painted
vehicles... the Net wielding group will catch up with them eventually. The
ones who prefer non US equip are tolerated as well since they may someday
see the light and come over from the dark side, though them Ferrets and CMPs
are kinda cute in their own weird way.They call us colonials and other nick
names, but put up with us like simple minded family members who they let out
of the closet on dark, moonless nights. We may be idiots, but we're their
type of idiots.
    You are very well situated to attend the National MVPA convention this
summer where you can OD on OD (I crack myself up sometimes!) and meet a lot
of list members. If you want to spend some quality time out of the bugs and
heat but still stay in the US, come up to New England and attend the GMMVC
Rally in Vermont ( http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/gmmvc/ ) and then come to
the MVMVC Summer Rally ( http://www.mvmvc.org/wearerally.htm ) and see
how a REAL New England MV Rally is done. The MVMVC rally is a little bigger
than the GMMVC rally, but we dispense with the sheep
dipping/shearing/fondling demonstrations that make up such a large part of
the tech seminars put on by their members...some day the GMMVC rally will
start to get close to that 'Other Rally' in New Hampshire. Ignore rants from
that twit Kerry (posts under the address of kbernste32@aol.com ). GMMVC
only tolerates him because when he puts his sheep down, he can maintain a
(sorta adequate) web page for them.
    The biggest HMV Rally is 'over there', but for us colonials, getting
across the pond is kinda pricey. But it's like a going to Mecca kind of
thing. You have to do it at least once, and then you never stop talking
about acres of privately owned green (and some funky tan and /or gray
colored) iron. Oh yeah, be warned... I understand they drink their beer warm
over there... too lazy to buy ice and put in a cooler????? Gets drunk too
fast to try and let it get cold???? But I understand they hand it out
freely, even to us colonials, so their hearts seem to be in the right place,
even though they talk kinda funny.
    BTW...Off topic rants and off the hip flamings seem to be on the rise
here. Don't worry! There was supposed to be around 3K subscribers to the
list a couple of years ago, probably higher now. Most are lurkers who
respond with solutions to your problems directly instead of to the list like
they did in the old days, because of the flames from the self styled
experts. YOU are a TRAINED, BONAFIED EXPERT per Uncle, so we will come and
kneel at your feet for guidance and help, hanging breathlessly on your every
word. IGNORE the TWITS (I'm the ONLY exception). Occasionally they (we) come
up with something useful, too!
    Please post all responses to the list so we can all glean knowledge from
them.

    See ya around the list,
    Ron (zo)
    UPPA US (NH Division)