Re: [MV] CUCV Conversions

From: Brian Placzankis (plaz@mac.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 05:46:33 PDT

On Friday, June 04, 2004, at 06:00AM, Dave <mil-veh@mil-veh.org> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that a bed of that vintage is entirely welded together. I just scrapped an early 80's bed and I don't recall seeing > any bolts except for the attachment carriage bolts.

Hmm...

The one that I just bought is definitely all bolted together as is my damaged one on my M1008. Most of the boltheads are underneath and fastened from inside to out. You can see the ends of them pretty easily on the frontward panel closest to the cab down near the bottom.

Was your bed maybe a 1980? They were subsequently changed for the 1981 model year and then persisted with that design through 1987.

Here is a site that sells them and you can kind of get an idea by looking at this. The side panels (rear fender sides) are also bolted though it doesn't show here.

http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cc/CCFSP.htm

plaz