RE: [MV] ID IF YOU CAN

From: Lee Franklin (lee@wellnesshealth.com)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 11:34:23 PDT

Is this the canvas in question? Notice in this pic, the hole is in the
right rear (this is a model)

http://www.mini-hq.com/images/CR2006-1.jpg

And in this one, it is in the right front, the canvas installed in the other
direction, which is where my unit usually installed it.

http://www.timvibert.com/lrg_media_pgs/M548.html

It is right over where the personelle fuel heater is installed in the back,
probably for ventilation (but maybe so passengers in the rear could
communicate with the cab, and to allow a rifleman to additionally help
defend the vehicle). It was common in my unit (which had M110A2 open backed
8" howitzers) for the gun crew to ride in the back of their carrier,
especially in the winter. I think the pic is German.

-Lee