Re: [MV] Bjorn's recipe for long front tire life (M35)

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 15:22:05 PDT

David,

If you drive on pavement, try disconnecting the drive shaft between the
tandem axles. Your turning radius will be a lot tighter. A commercial
trucker would never keep the tandem locked on dry pavement.

Regarding the split braking system, I split mine up several years ago. One
Meco(?) brake lock was installed on one side for testing purposes. You know
how it works, you step on the brake and push the button to lock the brakes.
I experimented a little with it on the one side and it did in fact reduce
the turning circle some. The wheels never locked completely. One of these
days I may go back to that project.
BTW, the brake lock came from a 5-ton wrecker...

Bjorn