Medium Tow Bar on HMMWV?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 10:36:22 PDT

Hi Everyone...

Will the medium tow bar fit to the front of a HMMWV?

I need to tow one for a friend that just bought it (an original full
armored unit in beautiful condition) and I'm taking the medium tow
bar, and just want to know if it will work. On the CUCV, I pull the
front shackles off and put the tow bar pin through the shackle mount
hole (1" hole). Is this the same for a HMMWV?

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com