Re: [MV] Licensing big rigs without a second mortgage

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 20:39:19 PDT

I've been digging into this enough to know that the RV plates are the key.

If you tell an insurance company that your Peterbilt and the 53 foot air
ride trailer you have is a legitimate RV per the BMV, then they really
won't care. That is a whole different category than commercial trucker.
You will probably fall in the same category as other heavy RVs such as
converted GMC highway buses, etc.

Going from a commerical category to a non-commercial category for insurance
is a big deal. Like half price.

Dave

--
Dave