Re: [MV] Licensing big rigs without a second mortgage

From: Ida Heath (spike@defuniak.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 08:19:42 PDT

Dave,

Are you saying he left the truck as it was with the original fifth wheel?
Did he build any living quarters behind the sleeper? Can you post a picture
for us to view?

I built one but I stretched my frame ten foot and mounted an aluminum van
body fourteen feet long as living quarters and then I have about a seven
foot deck on the back, everything wrapped in bright aluminum. My state told
me to go ahead and do it and then they tried to renig on me after I put
$38000.00 and a year of working day and night in it and said I would have to
register it as a truck, I said "Yeah Right" and threatened to sue them
before they relented.

I'll take a picture and post it.

Sonny