Re: [MV] Two questions... M35A2 tow bar and DOT 5 brake fluid

From: James M. Atkinson (jmatk@tscm.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 18:24:06 PDT

Alex,

Don't try to tow the duece unless the pickup truck significantly out weighs
the duece, and has virgin brakes.

It's going to be a really slow drive home as you don't want to go more than
3-5 miles per hours when towing a duece with a pick-up.

Don't try to build your own tow bar as you are only inviting and accident,
instead pay a professional towing company the hundred bucks or so they ask
to winch it onto the back of a ramp truck to haul it home for you. It's
cheaper then buying a casket.

While it is physically possible to tow a duece with a pickup I would strong
NOT RECOMMEND IT, especially not 35 miles.

-jma

At 08:25 PM 7/7/2004, Alex wrote:
>I've got to tow the new beast home next month and would like to use a
>tow bar and a heavy duty pick-up truck. I only have to tow it about 35
>miles. so I was thinking of making a tow bar. I already have a lunette
>ring for one end and was planning on pinning the bar to the shackle
>mounts on the 35's front bumper. My questions are how long should I make
>the tow bar arms? Am I nuts to try this? Does anyone have any caveats
>or hints. (I'm a pretty good welder).
>
>Also a while back, I don't know where, someone said they found DOT 5 for
>around $30/gal. Can anyone give me a name/address for this?
>
>Thanks for listening,
>Alex

We Expertly Hunt Real Spies, Real Eavesdroppers, and Real Wiretappers.

  James M. Atkinson Phone: (978) 546-3803
  Granite Island Group Fax: (978) 546-9467
  127 Eastern Avenue #291 Web: http://www.tscm.com/
  Gloucester, MA 01931-8008 Email: mailto:jmatk@tscm.com

   World Class, Professional, Ethical, and Competent Bug Sweeps, and
Wiretap Detection using Sophisticated Laboratory Grade Test Equipment.