singled out M35-speedometer correction

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 13:58:37 PDT

List,

Just finished singling out my M35. I used M135?
single wheels that have some offset to them. The
wheels I got for almost nothing but have a small mint
in them now after blasting and painting not to mention
tires, mounting, tubes, flaps etc. The truck handles
better and steers lighter (why, it steers better I
don't know). The front of the truck looks better with
the bigger tires but the back is still growing on me.
My center of gravity is now higher and the truck is a
little narrower but I'll keep it under 100 and should
be ok.

Overall I am very pleased with it and would encourage
others to single their truck too if they are
considering it at all. Swapping the hubs was
straightforward and can be done by anyone with some
tools.

Question: is there a different gear to adjust the
speedometer. I calculated the difference but would
still like to have it read accurate.

Try the link below to view the truck.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/curlyjoe98/detail?.dir=/a1bd&.dnm=cceb.jpg

Thanks,