Re: [MV] Tea under armour - heating the M&V

From: dodgew200@mchsi.com
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 22:24:54 PDT

Well it's been my limited experiance that Spam is okay if fried first....Corned
beef hash is best fried hard and crispy with an egg sunny side up over the top
and a bit of shredded hard chedder sprinked over the whole mess. I've had both
that way out on various ships I've gone on deployment on (US Navy '83-'03) Warm
CB Hash just out of the can resembles somthing a dog regurgitates IMHO...it's
only decent if fried hard. Spam...well it's okay in a sandwich....if nothing
else is available.

Now I've never been on the front lines and ate out of my helmet or cooked
anything by dropping it down the exhaust stack of an APC (BTW my wife thought
that was absolutly hilarious!)so your milage may vary.

I did subsist on beans and franks for almost 2 months straight on the
Forrestall once....I worked really odd hours and mid-scraps was about the only
meal I could get to.....that and a steady supply of peanuts and Pop Tarts that
I had stashed in my coffin locker (via care package)needless to say, I wasn't
very popular during the odd GQ drill when various "emissions" occured!

Lurker Rob

--
'69 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback
'69 Dart 270 4dr For sale $900 obo