Re: [MV] unsafe army trucks

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 06:35:22 PDT

    I think some of the problem is as predicted by Gene Roddenberry,
the Creator of the Star Trek Series. If we let the machines do the work
for us we will soon forget how to do it ourselves. The age of the people
driving these trucks has not allowed them to drive a civy vehicle
without such conveniences as power steering and anti-lock brakes where
in years past most of the recruits had a little idea about the "feel" of
the vehicle.

 I see this daily on the interstate, you can tell a "schooled" truck
driver a mile away by their style of driving. I saw one yesterday pass
me and then turn it greasy side up on Exit 16 in Memphis. He went
around the ramp at full speed.

Joe Shannon