Re: [MV] unsafe army trucks

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 21:39:21 PDT

Dave,
Just briefly scanned the page you listed and from that gleaned one
glaring recurring theme - LACK OF DRIVER TRAINING! For instance: the
driver with only an hour of driving experience and assigned to drive a 12
ton armored vehicle. Person giving that order should be disciplined for
incompetence !

As most on this list can attest to; these truck are safe if driven
properly, within their design perameters, BUT, it takes practice and some
instruction to do it right, ALONG WITH COMMON SENSE.

Sorry guys, but I can't fault the machine when the operator is IGNORANT.
GRRRR !!!

Frank Cox
USAF, 'Nam 1966
MVPA 14530