Re: [MV] USMC camo colors

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 18:54:32 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darrell Ramsell" <daram@comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 4:55 PM
Subject: [MV] USMC camo colors

> Hi
>
> I just recently bought a 86 USMC Humvee. I'm redoing the paint job to
> reflect an early-mid 90's 3 color camo patter. I believe the correct
green
> color is a Lusterless Marine Corp. Forest Green #34052. Could someone
> verify this for me?
>
> Thank You

All the USMC ones I've come across (15 or so I guess) seem to just have the
good old standard 383 CARC camo jobs. The Green component of the CARC
scheme is 34094 if memory serves, but I think paint mfg's like Gillespie
just call it "383 Green" in their literature for the sake of convenience.

Awhile ago I heard a rumour that some vehicles were painted using a 'darker
green' as the base colour for the 383 camo scheme, but didn't hear much by
way of explanation, nor were any debunkable specifics offered. <shrug> Eh,
filed away under "Urban Legend".