Re: [MV] More Deuce Power...

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 11:06:38 PDT

Well here's an opinion based loosely on observations. In other words, I
could be wrong.

I turned the fuel pump up on my truck early last year. It ran really
strong.
It blew a head gasket two weeks later. I passed a brick and turned it down,
but still up a little (confused yet, I am).

I have driven it the 1000 mile trip to the East coast rally twice since
then. I have also pulled 20,000 pounds behind it 120 miles. Gets real slow
on hills with this load.

Here's the opinion part. Turn the truck up a little. Drive it and see how
it does. Keep real close track of how much you adjust it. It will probably
perform much better. My truck empty takes hills ok. Loaded isn't much
different. Turned up it didn't notice hills, but I was really concerned it
was going to melt.

Adjust your truck to meet your needs, just don't forget you can over do it
and blow it up. If you don't know how ask one of us off list. I don't
think most people like to post that here. It just not for children. You
can always turn it back down too. Mine smokes a little. If it smokes a lot
you have turned it up too much. Be warned though, lots of people that know
a lot more about this than I do say that this engine will not, even with the
truck empty, climb a hill well. I pull a trailer behind my new F-350 every
day that weighs almost as much as my deuce. The F-350 pulls the heavier
load at higher speeds with little effort (hey, it's a Ford). You just can't
get that kind of performance with the deuce. But don't forget, the deuce is
a chick magnet.

Joe Trapp
www.joetrapp.com