Re: [MV] Leaky Humvee turret

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 17:43:38 PDT

I was told by a sargeant at a guard installation that the HMMWV with a roof
turrret definitely leaks like a sieve in the rain. Makes for a miserable
drive in a real downpour, according to him.

It's designed to drain the water out of the track system, and has nowhere to
go except into the interior of the vehicle.

I was shown one of the Helmut Hardtops for one. Seems to be a very nice
solution for the private use collectors that don't need the armor/gun kit
setup. This unit had the basic lowrise top with the side toolboxes designed
to be used with the hard doors. Would solve a lot problems I'd think, for
someone wanting something more than the soft tops.
I got curious enough to look them up on the internet.

http://www.amtechcorp.com/helmet/index.htm

Maybe some of you fellas should check them out.

John