Re: [MV] Green color for USMC vehicles

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@ptd.net)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 20:59:38 PDT

Colin wrote:

>"...As long as you are on the subject (sort of), can anyone tell me what
>color was used on Marine Corp vehicles during WWII? ........"

      Color used by USMC was;

 Vehicles delivered on direct contract for USMC were painted Lusterless Forest Green.

  Vehicles diverted from QMC or ORD contracts were delivered in Lusterless Olive Drab (US Army color).

>Darrell wrote,

>".......A while back I had ask what was the proper green for USMC vehicles.........
>

>......I also found out that the "USMC Lackluster Forest Green" on the Rapco
>Parts
>web site was used on vehicle from the Korean war to the end of the
>Vietnam war..........."

  USMC vehicles post WW II until after the Vietnam War were painted Semi-gloss Forest Green and not lusterless (flat).

  Non tactical vehicles (staff cars etc. ) were painted full gloss Forest Green.

Jim Gilmore