Re: [MV] Green color for USMC vehicles

From: Colin M Rush (chesnimnus@juno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 08:44:43 PDT

As long as you are on the subject (sort of), can anyone tell me what
color was used on Marine Corp vehicles during WWII?
-Colin Rush

From: "Darrell Ramsell" <daram@comcast.net>
Subject: [MV] Green color for USMC vehicles
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 00:46:40 -0700

Gents

A while back I had ask what was the proper green for USMC vehicles.
After
some searching, I finally got an answer from a USMC reserve motor stable
in
Norther California and I just wanted to pass on what I learned. The USMC
are using the same CARC 383 as the Army. Although many Marines refer to
it
as Olive Drab. Don't ask me why. 383 Green and Olive Drab are two very
different colors if you ask me.

I also found out that the "USMC Lackluster Forest Green" on the Rapco
Parts
web site was used on vehicle from the Korean war to the end of the
Vietnam
war.

I hope some of you find this useful.

Darrell