RE: [MV] Disel 6.5L engine problems

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 08:18:19 PDT

Hi
If your filter has been in place the whole time and you have been
careful when changing it you will not have particles in your injectors.
You should first pull the plug on the bottom of the fuel tank and make
sure you have all the crap out of the tank, messy job. Be advised you
may want to have a new rubber plug on hand when you do this. They fall
apart easily when old. If it does make sure you get the end of the old
rubber plug out of the tank. Second change your fuel filter again. If
you still have problems the next step is to look at the inj pump and
injectors. Deisels are VERY power sensitive to filter restriction. If
you have water and other crap in the tank it will ruin a new filter very
fast. The tank must be clean.

Glenn
M1043
MTANJ MVPA