RE: [MV] GPW

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 13:59:10 PDT

Don't be so quick to judge that...

A few weeks ago there was a History Channel Special about Coca-Cola in & after WWII. Coke went to the US government trying to keep access to their ingredients, namely sugar, which was being rationed. In the end, not only did they protect their supplies, but even they landed a contract to provide the troops with soda. They showed video and pictures of GI's with bottles and empty cases, around military vehicles like jeeps. It's entirely possible that that lil GPW could be field-moded. Not everyone carries a bottle opener.

Ironically, I recently won an ebay auction for a Coca-Cola bottle opener mount - Dated '52 just like my jeep. I was going to place it on the quarter rear panel to replace one of the missing reflectors.

Item number: 3691953612
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3691953612&category=20178&sspagename=rvi:1:1

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1