Re: [MV] OT: Kerry

From: Jonathan Boos (acfarer@cox.net)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 14:22:11 PDT

Matt,
You just did. You live in a glass house.
If anyone paid attention to the last go around on this Off Topic nonsense,
the consensus was that there will always be a percentage of these posts.
Don't get me wrong. I don't condone rampant off topic posting either but the
spirit of the list is such that political climates affect our hobby. What
better way to get the word, or better yet warning, out to like minded folks
than on a list like this? Our stongest and most sincere apologies to you
folks in (insert your country name here). But the more complaints and
postings one off-topic message garners only adds to the traffic jam of posts
to weed through to find the intelignet ones. Several big-time moderators
weighed in and let thier comments be known. You cannot stop it. We all try
to keep things on the bubble but when someone figures they have a gem to
share with what they consider to be friends, they are going to post it. I
guess it is part of that pesky First Ammendment thing. The other large gripe
folks had was that guys post off topic and then to "Keep things filled with
MV content" would add something along the lines of "I'm getting a
duece/GPW/weasel/HUMMVEE/Diamond T....whatever, Monday".
Regards,
JB
This thread might break the old record!