Re: [MV] M35... Electrical system leakage...

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 14:18:38 PDT

any drain is too much - unless vehicle is driven every day to recharge
battery -- still it is not a good thing for eventually you will be stranded.

 I do not know where it came from or where to get one - nor even what it is
called, but on the dash of one of the trucks we have (M35) there is a switch
that looks like ignition switch but in reality it disconnects battery
ground.

 Another way to check for voltage usage when switch is off, take 24V test
light, clip onto ground cable after it is disconnected from battery, touch
pointed end to ground post if drainage is taking place the bulb in test
light will light up -

Also I have been told that some drainage can take place if top of battery is
dirty??

Everette