Saga from Iraq

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 02:42:31 PDT

Hey everybody,

If I could get Sandy to FWD the Yahoo lists (mine still bounce) I would appreciate it, thanks Sandy.

Well after traveling for 4 full days I finally arrived in Iraq.  Flew a MD-11 commercial from March ARB (CA) to Bangor Maine, then to Germany then to Kuwait Intrntl.  from there is was a bus ride for a little while, then a C-130 to the next stop, then a convoy up to where we are now.  I'll tell you all later the specific place when I can tell if its cool.  But uneventful on all the trips, just a lot of hurry up and wait.  YOu all know the Military drill.  I must say that there are lots of Deuces being used out here.  Sorry mutters, no mutts as of yet.  Hummers and 7 tons are the main vehicles.

As it stands I should be out here until the March time frame, 7 month deployment for me.  So we shall see how it all turns out.  Im sure that the others around here will keep me safe, and I them.

Hope you all dont mind the huge list that I am sending this all to, but its easy to get you all taken care of at once, and for those of you that believe the media, I will dispelll some myths, just listen over the next few months.  Not much TV about some of whats happening out here.  Just what they want you to see.  BUT thats another story isnt it!

 Well the "Ramadi" inn is calling me to get some sleep so I can get back on a good time frame, talk to you all in a little while with something exciting I hope.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Cliff Smith SSgt USMC
'71 AMG M35A2
'77 M880
'68 M274A5
'?? M762
'9?  6K Gen
MVPA #26244

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more!