Re: [MV] I hope this guy isnt part of THIS mailing list

From: michael@tsixroads.com
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 09:57:52 PDT

I have a small collection of practice rounds myself and have turned down a few live rounds for safety and legal reasons. What grips me is the evil spin the press put on this guy. Sure he did something stupid and got himself hurt. But, when you get right down to it, every human endeavor has some risk to it. People are killing themselves with their hobbies every day and they usually don’t make the news. And if they do, they aren't made out to be homicidal-maniacs.

I bet this was fun to watch.

 “While waiting for the Army bomb experts to arrive, Sarasota authorities probed a 3-foot-long cardboard package on the lawn.

Baixauli said bomb squad members tried to X-ray the package but it appeared to be shielded by something.

Authorities then remotely fired a shotgun at the package, twice, in an attempt to open it and reduce the chances it would go off. They sent a camera-equipped robot to inspect the package after each shot.

The shotgun blasts ripped the package apart, but authorities didn't say what was inside.”

Mike
Tishomingo, MS

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:52:10 -0400 Tony Mugno <amugno@optonline.net>