Re: [MV] M37 Manifold leak

From: JoeYoungInc@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 04:22:15 PDT

Mike,
You'll probably find that the mating surfaces of the manifolds
have been ate away, ruining the manifolds. Probably fixable,
but hardly worth it. In any case, if you are planning on using mismatched manifolds, they will have to be planed. Install the gasket, assemble and align the manifolds the best you can and take to a shop. Leave the bolts just snug until after you bolt the manifolds to the block. If you decide to use a gasket sealer, high temp exhaust manifold silicone should work. I wouldn't bring the motor up to temp for a couple of reasons. The exhaust manifold would be really hot and make it difficult to work on and there's the possibility of warping as it cools and the bolts are loose. For me, the lesson of mismatched manifolds was long...
Joe Young