Mil. Veh. M151A2 Battery question?

From: Michael S. Nichols (msnichols@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 17:24:16 PDT

Hello from Atlanta Ga 30306. I unboxed my two new surplus dry green Exide
12volt 2NH batteries today, filled them with electrolyte, and placed the
first one on my charger. It took a good charge and is ready to use. The
second new battery caused the charger to jump around erratically at the
upper end of the charging scale, and then the charger shut down without
charging the new battery. I tried this several times, same result each
time. I checked the charger against the first battery, and the problem is
in the second battery. What gives? The new battery looks fine, not
visibly damaged or bulging. Internal fatal flaw in this battery?? Thanks
for the help!

Regards,

Mike Nichols
M151A2 1972 project soon-to-roll